Problem With ListBatchSubscribe method when working in SilverLight.

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

I am developing an application for CRM 5 in silverlight.When I calls the ListBatchSubscribe method to update the groups (currently I remove group from groups). The method ListBatchSubscribe returns correct value that 1 or 2 ... records updated. But when I check from MailChimp GUI the user is shown in that group also.

What is that problem. Why MailChimp GUI not updates.

Thanks....

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 10:03 AM
What exactly do U try to remove - GROUPING or GROUP?

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM, waheedulhaq <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am developing an application for CRM 5 in silverlight.When I calls the ListBatchSubscribe method to update the groups (currently I remove group from groups). The method ListBatchSubscribe returns correct value that 1 or 2 ... records updated. But when I check from MailChimp GUI the user is shown in that group also.

What is that problem. Why MailChimp GUI not updates.

Thanks....

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mcapinet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mcapinet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Denis K
Jun 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I am updating the group.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Try "listInterestGroupDel" function instead

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I am passing as:

batch[0][GROUPINGS][0][id]  ==>  1

batch[0][GROUPINGS][0][groups]  ==> "FirstGroup, SecondGroup" // Removed the "ThirdGroup"

Am i correct??? Are there is any mistake in passing the new group as it is changed from  "FirstGroup, SecondGroup, ThirdGroup" to "FirstGroup, SecondGroup"

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM
denisk1981 wrote:

this Function will delete group from grouping But I want to update the user. I want to remove that user from that group.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Ok. try listUpdateMember

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM, waheedulhaq <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

denisk1981 wrote:

this Function will delete group from grouping But I want to update the user. I want to remove that user from that group.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mcapinet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mcapinet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Denis K
Jun 15, 2011 at 4:44 AM
denisk1981 wrote:
Ok. try listUpdateMember

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM, waheedulhaq <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

denisk1981 wrote:

--
Denis K

You are correct. But is there any way to send large no of email. 

In this function we can send only one email. But I have thousands of emails.

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:13 AM
Edited Jun 15, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Ok Thanka for replay. I have solved my problem. The problem was on SIlverLight side. 

I have just add a Random no at the end of the URL.

...........&RandNo=" + nextRandomNo
This random no solved my problem.
But this problem it only on SilverLight side.
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 5:23 AM
I see. In this case U indeed have to use listBatchSubscribe.
Just make sure U pass update_existing=1 and replace_interests=1.
I need to try this myself...

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:44 AM, waheedulhaq <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

denisk1981 wrote:
Ok. try listUpdateMember

denisk1981 wrote:

--
Denis K

--
Denis K
Jun 15, 2011 at 11:05 AM
denisk1981 wrote:
I see. In this case U indeed have to use listBatchSubscribe.
Just make sure U pass update_existing=1 and replace_interests=1.
I need to try this myself...

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:44 AM, waheedulhaq <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

denisk1981 wrote:
Ok. try listUpdateMember

denisk1981 wrote:

--
Denis K

--
Denis K

I am using listBatchSubscribe.

With update_existing=1 and replace_interests=1.
But in SilverLight the problem was there. I thought that SilverLight was not send a URL which was sent previously. So I add Random number in the URL. And this thing solved my problem.
Without silverLight there was no problem. But in SilverLight there was problem. And this was solved by Random numbers. 
Thanks for your replay :)